Markham Springs Campground is set on the Black River in a scenic and historic recreation area in the southwestern corner of Missouri’s Mark Twain National Forest. The area provides access to multiple trails and recreational opportunities. Markham Springs Recreation Area gets its name from former owner, M. J. Markham, who acquired the property in 1901 and operated a lumber mill at the site until the 1930s. The Fuchs House, a five-bedroom concrete and native stone home, also sits on the property, along with a neighboring mill. At times, it is also available for rent. Located adjacent to the Black River, the recreation area contains a small pond that dates back to the 1800s. The area is covered by a dense forest of colorful trees, including ash, elm, maple and poplar.
Directions to Markham Spring
From Williamsville, continue west on Hwy 49 until you get to Forest Road 2997. Turn right onto FR 2997 and follow it to the Markham Spring Recreation Area.
Forest Rd 2997
Ellsinore, MO 63937